18 July 2010

Second Honeymoon? What??

Seven years ago next week, Jason and I got married and then spent a few days in Canada at a cottage on Lake Huron. It was a nice break from the craziness of the wedding and a breather before entering "real" married life (you know, the one with lots of bills).

Last week, we traveled up to the same cottage to spend 10 days at the beach. In some ways, it almost seemed like a second honeymoon, except for one (well, three) little detail(s): the three little boys who came with us this time. I tried to think of things we could do to make this trip like a second honeymoon, but none of them really seemed to work "with the boys."

Here are some examples:

-Moonlit walk on the beach with the boys.

-Candlelit dinner with the boys.

-Getting up early to see the sunrise over the lake with the boys.

-Watching the sunset on the beach with the boys.


We really had a wonderful time, which I will write about later, but our three boys definitely made this a different adventure than the last time Jason and I were there. As a preview, may I present this picture and promise that Ben didn't look like this the entire trip, just the parts that involved sand, water and sun.

No comments: