So, the great gluten-free experiment continues. My initial plan had been to eat gluten-free for two weeks and then go gluten crazy (yes, I have started making a list of foods). However, after talking to a friend recently diagnosed with CD and my CD relative, I had to modify my plans. Two days before I was going to reenter the gluten world, I decided to extend two more weeks for a total of four weeks. Some incredibly well-meaning people pointed out to me that I was almost half-way. And that would have been encouraging, if I hadn't been only 4 rice-based meals away from chocolate cake.
Now I am a mere 9 days, 20 hours and 17 minutes from a bowl of cereal that isn't Rice Chex (or any form of Chex, really).
It hasn't been that bad, really. Interestingly enough, I don't crave wheat. Once we got the Oreo's and Great Harvest Bread out of the house, it hasn't been that bad. I did have a run-in with doughnut holes that tested me, but other than that my chocolate chip peanut butter cookies have curbed any sweet glutinous cravings I might have had. I have had a few more successes with GF dinners (and a failure as well - chicken fried rice in the crockpot, not so good) so that makes life much easier. This is actually doable - just a pain really.
No comments:
Post a Comment