Yesterday the elementary school had an award assembly for each grade. I am hoping that this is a new addition of the new principal - that or I have missed out on three years of Josh's award assemblies. Parenting OOPS # 3,252,197 for Irene.
In any case, the assemblies will be held for every nine week quarter so this might get old fast, but the boys were very excited to get awards and thrilled that Ben and I showed up (thanks to a Opa and Oma's car!).
First up, Michael received an Academic Achievement Award. That child is doing a million times better than I could have hoped for in kindergarten. Which isn't to say that he isn't smart, because he is very smart. But listening and being quiet are not traits of his that we experience very often at home.
And then the Giraffe of the Week Award. It is given weekly to a student who has perfect attendance, does all his/her work and is very well-behaved.
Then Ben and I went home to watch a Toy Story movie (I forget which one - they kind of blur together at this point) before heading back to school for Josh's assembly.
He was the only kid in his class to be on the all-A Honor Roll. Which we are very proud of (the all A part, not the only one part), but I think that he thinks that he HAS TO GET ALL A's. Not really the case from my perspective, but as long as he doesn't get too obsessive about it (not that anyone I know has ever been like that....) we'll be happy for him.
And also Giraffe of the Week Award.
In any case, we are very proud of the boys.




No comments:
Post a Comment