03 March 2014

Snow Day

Today is snow day #......who cares anymore?

As far as snow days go, it started off really poorly and has since gotten much better.  And since I have a lot of recent snow days to compare it too, that is saying quite a bit.

I woke up this morning sometime after 3am feeling rather disoriented.  It took a few moments for me to come a few realizations.  In this order: Jason was not in bed with me, the hall light was on, and Michael was throwing up in the bathroom.

I heard a joke once that said that the most effective alarm clock for a parent would be one that sounds like a child throwing up.  Apparently for Jason that is true.  I sleep like the dead and am a little slow.  For middle of the night emergency situations, the boys (and I) are lucky to have Jason.

Not the worst way to start the day, but definitely low on the list.  Luckily, that was the last of that.

The rest of the morning went much, much better.

Although, admittedly, just the absence of any more vomit was an improvement.

The rest of the morning was full of school work and chores.  Since I had prepped the boys the night before with a liberal mix of threats and promises (I hear any complaints and I will add extra chores AND when they were done they could play on the Wii), the chores and school work went pretty smoothly.  Of course, it helped that Josh caught the spirit of many hands make light work and his brothers followed suit.

They dusted, vacuumed, picked up, washed windows, read scriptures, played piano and cleaned their bedroom.

Like I said, much, much better.

And then this afternoon the boys went sledding out back so I think they will most likely consider today a success as well.



Now I get to think up a whole new list of chores for the boys to do tomorrow and pray that Michael being sick this morning was a fluke and not precursor to other boys (or mom or dad) being sick in the wee hours of the morning (or really any other time).

And...wait for it...most likely plan a similar day for Wednesday because in this county we don't do school when there is snow on the ground.

No comments: