12 April 2014

Spring Celebration

Happy Spring!  We missed holding our celebration on the actual first day of Spring.  Oops.  

Today seemed as good a day as any to rectify that.  Come to think of it, it was better than some days this Spring as Winter seemed unwilling to move on for a while there.  But move on it has and the 76 degrees we had today felt positively scorching by comparison.

Off to the park we went and busted out the baskets.  I have discovered recently that if I have the boys say "booger cheese" instead of just "cheese" when I am taking pictures, I get more authentic smiles.  The downside is that they are often laughing so much that it distorts their faces a little bit, but I do get REAL smiles.

The boys each got a t-shirt, sunglasses and a fandex (check them out on Amazon - they are pretty cool).  Oh, and blue bunny peeps.  I would love to show a picture of the peeps, but I am not sure that any of the boys even breathed while consuming them.

Josh caught the spirit of his fandex right away and ran around identifying trees.

He had a very interested audience.  He identified American Holly, White Oak and one other before running off to throw a ball around with Jason.

Ben totally digs his sunglasses.  Camo is his thing and he loves that his glasses are reflective.  With this picture, I even got some evidence that I was there today!

Michael was disappointed that most of the bugs we say today were airborne as his fandex was Bugs.  Those flying bugs are hard to identify when they are on the move.

We brought the football, soccer ball and baseball mitts as well.  Hopefully everyone sleeps well tonight.

Happy Spring!

No comments: