18 November 2015

11 months

Say "HELLO" to our happy boy!  He's coming up on a year and is convinced that he is somewhere between 6 and 11 years old.  Weird, right?  


It's not all fun and games, though.

Okay, maybe it is.




Isaac really is a happy kid...mostly.  Except when he is experiencing baby rage and his body shakes with anger.  Ben then starts laughing and says, "Baby SMASH!" But, back to the happy stuff.  His latest trick is playing fetch with himself.  He manages to keep himself entertained by throwing toys and then crawling after them.  And repeat.  He isn't walking unassisted yet, but he does like to use objects like his toy house or a laundry basket as a walker.  He is currently battling the demons constipation and teething at the same time, so that makes our life hell at times.  And he seems pretty uncomfortable, too.

He really enjoys babbling and sometimes it even sounds like he's singing, but no words yet.  With three older brothers at his beck and call, I think there is a good chance he will never talk.  They continue to dote on him; however, his increased mobility and reaching range has started to irritate them.  He actually managed to get a hold of some Legos and we found him sucking on part of one of the boys' creation.  That was not a particularly popular move on his part.

Of all of the boys, he is the most responsive to music.  He already has several dance moves and gets just as excited about primary songs as Maroon 5.  His all-time favorite is "I like to move it" by Will.I.Am.  I am not sure if this is related or not, but his favorite TV show is Phineas and Ferb.  Jason is trying to get him hooked on the old school Sesame Street and I have shown him The Backyardigans, but his brothers love Phineas and Ferb so Phineas and Ferb it is.  And yes, we are big fans of telenanny here, so I tell you the favorite shows of my 11-month-old with no shame.

I am not going to lie, this has been a very long year.  And when I see people with itty bitty babies, I am not at all sad that we are past that stage.  The first year is so hard.  (I say that like years 2 and 3 will be a piece of cake - HA!)  To make life more interesting, Isaac is likely to need allergy testing soon and he has some eating issues, both of which are pretty much guaranteed to give us some heartache (you see, we have been down those roads before).

We love him and he brings a great deal of laughter in our home (sometimes with him, sometimes at him).  His laughter is such an intense experience that I think we chose his name wisely.

11 down, 1 to go.

No comments: