31 January 2016

Capitol Tour

We like going on adventures.  I like going on adventures even more when someone else plans them.  So when Michael's den planned a tour of the capitol building on Saturday, I was in.  

And if I am in, that means all the boys are in.  You can guess how happy that makes them.  Especially our resident preteen.

In the end, they all had a great time.  It just takes them a little bit of time to warm up to educational experiences.  It helps if it is actually a sunny day in Olympia.  Which it was.  Hooray!

Beautiful sunny day.

Beautiful ceiling carvings.

Beautiful glare from ceiling lights.

Keeping in mind that I have decreased brain function when trying to keep track of all four boys, I believe this is a guy who helped people travel on the Oregon Trail.  This is a replica of one of the statues for Washington State in the National Statuary Hall in the Capitol in DC.

It took a bit, but here is the best shot I got of the Washington State flag.

Brass (I think) door with image of the original Capitol building on it.

Angels of mercy chandler.  Gorgeous.  Also very heavy.  To change the light bulbs, they build scaffolding up to it every 10 years or so.

Where the House meets.

Where the Senate meets.

Still sunny!

The weather continued to look promising, so we took a little jaunt down to Capitol Lake.  I took a few pictures, all of which support my theory that it is impossible to get a nice picture of all four of my children.  And then it started to rain.

Guess it wouldn't be a trip in Olympia if it didn't rain!

No comments: