On Friday, I went on a hike with a local mom and kid hiking group. I found them on Facebook and have been debating joining them on some of their hikes for a few weeks. But every time I thought about going it was either raining or Isaac was having the sort of day I didn't want to share with strangers for a mile or more. On Friday, however, WeatherBug promised (PROMISED!!!) 0% chance of rain in the morning and Isaac was having a decent day, so we went on a hike. It was really fun. Isaac did beautifully and at the end of the 1.5 mile trail there was water. And rocks.
At which point, I knew I would have to come again and I would have to bring the rest of the crew.
WeatherBug made similar promises about this afternoon, so Isaac and I went again with the rest of the crew.
Fortunately, the trail is stroller-friendly so we could bring our fabulous Jeep stroller. Unfortunately, Isaac is not stroller-friendly in these chilly temperatures. So, basically, the stroller ended up carrying diapers, a couple of blankets and the camera while Isaac hung out (literally) in the Ergo with my coat wrapped around both of us. Oh well.
The boys seemed to enjoy the hike. But today really wasn't about the hike.
It was about the water and the rocks. Jason and the older boys spent a lot of time looking for perfect skipping rocks and even more time skipping anything that remotely resembled a perfect skipping rock.
Some of the rocks were hiding little crabs so they spent some time looking for those too.
I did manage to pull them away from their searches for a couple of staged pictures.
And then it was back to throwing rocks. We had a lovely time and are happy to have found another fun place to explore in our area.











No comments:
Post a Comment