This has been a week where every day feels like a Monday...except the actual Monday which had the grace to feel like a Saturday. Mondays aren't necessarily horrible. They just have the habit of being out of kilter.
Tuesday was a mess. The house was a mess. Bags of dirty laundry camped out in the kitchen waiting to be washed. Stacks of dishes crying out for help. A floor that looked eerily like that of a forest. A fridge that resembled a large gaping hole in the fabric of the universe. And then Isaac's speech therapist shows up to witness it all. That evening I took Michael to cub scouts half an hour late because I was convinced I had the right time (please note that the time has not changed in the 5 months we've been here). On top of which, I misspelled his wonderful scout leader's name 4 times in an email sent out to her and several parents. For. the. win.
Wednesday was a little bit better. Just a little. I planned on hiking with a friend...only I thought we were going to meet at the trailhead at 9a and she thought 9:30a. I did a little hike while waiting for her thinking Isaac and I would be done by the time she arrived. I missed her by a few minutes and then I didn't recognize her van in the parking lot and assumed she had still not arrived. Once I figured that it probably was her van, Isaac and I headed out to try to catch up with her and her kids. Only to get lost and then on an entirely different trail that was 1/2 a mile longer and ended at the park entrance rather than the parking lot. It was a lovely hike and Isaac did really well; I was just disappointed that my map reading skills (or lack thereof) robbed me of the chance to have an adult conversation. As a bonus, even though Isaac was in the carrier for most of the time, he still managed to get covered in dirt. And then his brothers added another layer on him while we were working at the garden plot later in the afternoon.
I can only imagine what Thursday will bring.
Anyway, here are some pictures from today's hike. It was the kind of hike where I wished I had brought Jason and the boys as well as the nice camera. This was Jason's kind of hike. I could hear that there was a lot of wildlife around, but Jason has the knack for actually finding it. So this will definitely need to be repeated.
I didn't see much wildlife, but I did take a moment to feed this little animal. Being carried for 2 1/2 miles can really help you work up a good hunger.
Washington still manages to impress. I love finding new places to take Jason and the boys. But I may wait until next week and hope the days will stay right when they should.





No comments:
Post a Comment