31 July 2016

Creek Fun

The name of this location is rather sad in the descriptive category: East Bay Public Plaza.  Those four words in no way describe how much fun the boys have in this man-made creek near the children's museum.  It is a perfect way to cool down on a hot afternoon and a lovely way to spend an evening as a family.  Jason was out and about most of Saturday, so when he got home we piled in the car to show him this gem we had discovered on Friday.  We had gone to the children's museum to use our pass before it expired, but to be honest, my kids would have been more than happy to have spent the entire time here.

Since Jason was with us, I could bring the good camera and get better pictures than my camera phone takes.  Plus, with Jason along I didn't have to be on small child swimsuit duty alone.  (Funny story: On Friday, the swimsuit Ben brought was too big so he was in the creek in his jeans.  When it came time to change, I didn't have anything for him to wear because we left the big suit in the car.  Our only option was the extra swimsuit I bought for Isaac.  It took a bit of wiggling and squishing his bum, but we got him squeezed into a 12-18 month swimsuit.  Poor kid took it pretty well and I was dying to take a picture, but I figured that would be pushing my luck.)







I feel sure that this activity will be repeated several times this summer and future summers.

No comments: