More adventures with Aunt Sherri! Yesterday we took what was supposed to be a scenic drive up to Bremerton to visit the Naval Undersea Museum. We were hopeful that we could get some nice views of the sound from the bridge from Tacoma (which is pretty cool) and then in Gig Harbor. Alas, the weather was not cooperative and we drove an hour and fifteen minutes in a gray, rainy haze. My first reaction is often to be bummed out by this kind of situation, but I am learning to let it roll and realize that if we stayed home in rainy weather we would be home a lot.
Anyway, back to our adventure. We made it to the museum safe and sound. And with four boys who were more than ready to get out and move around.
This museum reminded me a lot of the Airborne museum in Fayetteville - a nice size to roam around for about an hour or so and some pretty cool real stuff, in this case old school diving gear (seriously, those people were crazy!), torpedoes, and the control room of a nuclear submarine.
The boys had a marvelous time. I would like to say I learned a lot; however, I spent most of my time chasing Baby Rage and he was on the move. I tried to read a little in between pulling him off of and out of the exhibits. It's definitely a place I would like to visit again and hopefully enjoy the views with nicer weather.

No comments:
Post a Comment