Thinking about a 35 minute mile kind of takes your breath away, doesn't it? I mean, it's pretty epic. If the roadrunner went head to head with us, I think you know who'd win.
The problem we have is actual multiple problems stuffed into a wee little man. Isaac doesn't just stop to smell the roses, he also picks up the rocks, examines the pine cones, squishes the bugs, follows the ants, picks up sticks, takes short breaks, and often tries to eat not fully ripened blackberries. Oh, and he has short legs.
Hence the 35 minute mile. Luckily, it's mostly about the journey when we go on walks and the older boys are usually pretty patient, so we still had a good time yesterday. Although, I did have Josh wear his backpack with tent, sleeping bag, and pad inside so I think he may have had less fun that usual.
I forget the name of these ants, but this is indeed an ant hill. Luckily, they aren't particularly aggressive, biting ants so Ben could get this picture for me.
Little buddies hanging out at the point we stopped and turned around.
I think Ben may have eaten his weight in blackberries. They were ripe for the picking and Ben has a difficult time passing them by.
That was our fun for the morning. In the afternoon, we checked out a new beach in the area. Nice sand and not a lot of people - it's definitely on the favorites list.
Isaac went out in the water prepared to do battle with his sun hat and life jacket.
Michael tried to escape the camera by going under water. He was only partly successful.
And, well, Josh gave me his new teenage face.
We played until I was ready to go. Which basically meant I needed enough time to start a load of beach towels and make dinner before TKD. Next up: TKD








No comments:
Post a Comment