And we're off and running on my hiking bucket list for this summer.
Tuesday: Tolmie
Josh was a champ and carried Isaac for a short part of the hike. Other than that, he and his friend geeked out for two miles with no electronic devices in sight. It was strangely impressive.

Josh was a champ and carried Isaac for a short part of the hike. Other than that, he and his friend geeked out for two miles with no electronic devices in sight. It was strangely impressive.

Wednesday: Watershed
(not seen here)
I bribed the boys with a trip to Trader Joe's afterwards and it totally worked.
These three were the blackberry brigade. Blackberries are not quite in season yet. They didn't let that stop them.
Friday: Sequalitchew
If we gave Michael enough time, I think he could probably skip a rock all the way to the Olympics on the other side. However, we had to go home for lunch.
A note about hiking with my kids: they never want to go.
And then they have a good time and sometimes don't want to come home (see Thursday and Friday).
And then they complain about it later.
It all goes better with other kids, so I try to invite other kids or families along. In any case, I have already warned them that we are going to continue to hike until they love it. And then we are going to hike some more. I have this dream that some day one of them will come and tell me how much they appreciated all the time we spent outside during their summer vacations. And then,if I am not so ancient that all of my tear ducts have dried out, I may cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment