MONDAY
This was a glorious day. My friend and I abandoned all of our children (I think we have eight total and I use that term loosely - her youngest is in MS and my Mom was at the house) and went on a kid-free hike. 6.3 miles without any whining. Good times. The falls were not so impressive, but we did the loop this time which I hadn't done before. Hopefully (fingers crossed), my friend and I will get some more hikes like this in this summer.
TUESDAY
Many moons ago, we signed up for a membership at the YMCA. Mostly for the pool. Well, I've been to quite a few tai chi classes and Jason works out in the morning often, but we haven't actually made it to the pool that many times. Taking the kids to the pool by myself is, surprisingly enough, not my favorite thing to do. (Post pool conversation: Isaac, you can't stare at the old, naked ladies in the locker room.) But I decided to suck it up and get wet. So wet that Isaac turned all pruney. They had a great time.
WEDNESDAY
Other than tai chi class in the morning, I don't remember what we did on Wednesday. And I have no pictures, so I assume that it just wasn't a very exciting day. We definitely need a few of those in the summer.
THURSDAY
Sequalitchew again (maybe this is now our Thursday thing?), but with different friends. Just a walk down to the water and back this time, but we had a lovely little stay at the beach.
Thursday was also a special day that the boys look forward to every year...even though they can never remember it beforehand: 7/11 day! Free slurpees! Michael even came up with the ingenious plan of hitting up all the 7/11 stores in the county. Sadly, his mother (the only one in the car with a driver's license) nixed that plan in favor of eating a healthy dinner.
Thursday is also the day that I, with grace and balance beyond my years, took a step down on my friend's porch and fell to the ground as my ankle gave out. Luckily, I didn't break anything, but I did almost laugh at the NP in the ER when he told me that I would be all better in three days. This is, after all, not my first ankle rodeo. Blue, painful, and swollen three days later...I think this will take more time. But hopefully not as much time as last time when I heard POP POP POP. Gotta be grateful for the little things.
FRIDAY
Boring! So Boring! Luckily, Mom is here to do all the feeding of the kids and such. Plus Josh was at school and Michael at a friend's house. Ben has brainwashed Isaac into liking TED-ED videos, so the day was quiet.
So events in Week 3 may wreak havoc on the next few weeks, but the boys are not complaining about the possibility of fewer hikes.



No comments:
Post a Comment