31 October 2020

October on Facebook

It was a rough Monday morning for Isaac. Just as his second Zoom class for the day started he scowled, looked at me and said, "I want to poop on this class."
I believe that for a kindergartener that is the worst insult there is. 😆🤦‍♀️

 

Teacher: elefante!
Class: elefante!
Isaac:
Me: Your teacher wants you to say "elefante"
Isaac: elefante-butt


Unexpected perk of online school: wardrobe changes between zoom sessions.
This afternoon Isaac is styling in a Hot Chocolate Race hat and one purple snow glove.


It's a eat a spoonful of nutella right out of the jar kind of day.


For science class, Isaac planted pumpkin seeds in dirt in a plastic cup. We don't have a good spot inside for it to get sun, so we sprayed it with water and I put it on the back porch. And then forgot all about it. It poured this weekend so now we have a plastic cup full of dirt soup with seeds floating in it.
That's right, I'm failing kindergarten science. 😆🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️😆


Conversation at dinner last night:
Me: Do you know what tomorrow is?
Ben: Tuesday? The 13th?
Me: It's Amazon Prime day!
Ben: Do we get the day off of school????
Me: 😆🤣😆


On the top of the list of things that are worrying Isaac this morning: he's afraid that Nana ate his highlighter because she "looks like a person who would eat a highlighter."

😆🤷‍♀️😆


The silver lining of gluten encounter is that while I feel miserable at least it's NOT norovirus.


After complaining about how his 15 minute reading zoom meeting was too long, Isaac spent 30 minutes making a 1.5 minute long flipgrid movie. 🤦‍♀️


Why don't any of the fitness apps have "dancing while ironing" as a workout option? It seems like 40 minutes with Maroon 5, The Weeknd, The Offspring, and Miley Cyrus should burn quite a few calories. 🤷‍♀️


In an interesting turn of events, which I should have seen coming, some of our masks have migrated. I can only assume they've moved in with all of our missing socks and they all spend their days mocking us.


Today's Rookie Mistake PSA is brought to you by a mother of 4 who knows better but didn't do better: when the Amazon/Walmart/Target Christmas catalog comes in the mail, hide/dispose of it IMMEDIATELY or your children will come down with a severe and potentially incurable case of the "I want"s.

No comments: