10 November 2020

A Walk in the Woods

Sunday was lovely and chilly.  It seemed like a great day to introduce Doug to some of the great trails we have in the area. (He was not impressed with Mima Mounds - I don't blame him)  I picked up him and Mom kind of early in the morning because people in this state are SERIOUS about the outdoors and any sunny day, even if the water table in your backyard is frozen over, is fair game. We got there with plenty of parking spots available and proceeded to traipse through the woods for 3.8 miles.

Mom was not amused. I did not sufficiently describe the uphill sections (which I did know about) and the crazy muddy sections (which I didn't really know about). For a while there I wasn't sure if we were still going to be friends.

HOWEVER, Washington State came through at the end and we finished our adventure walking through, under, and over scads of gorgeously golden maple leaves.




Photo cred to Doug and his phone that takes better pictures than mine.

No comments: