I have been trying to cut down on our use of single-use products, but I recently saw an ad for reusable swabs and I found my limit. 
I know why people have them, but I just have to say that doorbell cameras (like Ring) are taking all the fun out of leaving spontaneous and anonymous surprise gifts (nice ones not flaming bags of dog poo) on people's porches.
I know why people have them, but I just have to say that doorbell cameras (like Ring) are taking all the fun out of leaving spontaneous and anonymous surprise gifts (nice ones not flaming bags of dog poo) on people's porches.
You might think that if nothing else the fact that I have power over the wifi would encourage my kids to control their teen 'tude with me, but it does not.
As we've had so very much *quality* time together over the last 9 months, I've had the opportunity to carefully observe my children and thoughtfully consider their talents and strengths. I now believe that my kids could have successful careers as any of the following: interrogators, inquisitors, questioners of hostile witnesses, and hired goons.
This bears repeating every year: just because you CAN make a Christmas album doesn't mean you SHOULD
Kindergarten conversations
Girl: if you could have anything in the world what would you want?
Isaac: all the gold in the world
Girl: I would have a million dogs and cats so they could make a WAR
When the kids were younger, I used to read parenting books.
Now that they are older I just read parenting memes.
Only he knows for sure, but I'm pretty sure that the Grinch is Isaac's Patronus
IKEA review:
Furniture 
Gingerbread house 
He's both our sunshine and our category 5 hurricane and now he's SIX! Happy birthday, squishy!
In case you're wondering where I'm at emotionally, yesterday Isaac turned off a light and Michael threw away an empty chip bag WITHOUT BEING ASKED and I almost cried. 
Furniture
Gingerbread house
In case you're wondering where I'm at emotionally, yesterday Isaac turned off a light and Michael threw away an empty chip bag WITHOUT BEING ASKED and I almost cried.
We're going to make it to winter break, but maybe only just barely. 
Kindergarten math
Teacher: If Isaac has 5 kittens and Audrina takes 2, what do we have?
Me (in my head): A VERY mad Isaac
Teacher: If Isaac has 5 kittens and Audrina takes 2, what do we have?
Me (in my head): A VERY mad Isaac
As a mother sometimes I wonder, do my kids notice all the things I do for them?
Then a couple days ago one of the boys told me that he doesn't ever want to have kids because he doesn't like doing things for other people.
So.....I *guess* that answers my question?? 
Anyone else come to the realization that you don't know how many cookies a particular recipe makes because you've never made it without "taste testing" a decent amount of dough? Just me?
Actual words out of my mouth today: WHAT PART OF DON'T TOUCH THEM MEANS SHAKE IT HARDER????
For breakfast I ate 6 ginger spice cookies and 2 hard-boiled eggs. Then I did 6 miles on my elliptical.
Working on finding balance as we close out 2020.
How did 2020 end for you?
At our house:
--The older boys played 4+ hours of Mario Party 10. It's close to midnight they are simultaneously talking trash and getting their feelings hurt because they are all exhausted
--Isaac spent the last hour trying the snuggle into a spot on my arm that I can only assume is located somewhere between the bone and muscle
--Jason and I spent a couple of hours sending each other gifs about how bored we are
No comments:
Post a Comment