This is a magic birthday card. It might not look like it, but it is. This is the birthday card that Isaac made for Nana for her 29th birthday. In case you needed an interpretation: this is a picture of Nana and Isaac standing next to a table with a bowl of cookie dough.
How do I know this is a magic card? Well, it all started with a dry (finally!) and cold day when I decided that we needed some exercise. I told Isaac and Ben that we were going to walk to Nana's house - usually a decent motivator for Ben. But to sweeten the pot, I told them that we were going to bring Nana some butterscotch chips...and maybe Nana would be willing to share with them - a decent motivator for Isaac.
So off we went to grandmother's house and I must confess that I had the tune from Into the Woods in my head much of the time.
When we arrived at Nana's house, I got a bit distracted on a phone call with Rachel and all of a sudden Nana was in the kitchen with Ben and Isaac and she was pulling out some butter and her KitchenAid mixer.
That's how you know that Nana means business.
In short order there was a large bowl of chocolate and butterscotch chip cookie dough on the counter with the oven warming up. Several mouthfuls of dough and 10 minutes later a plate of cookies magically arrived.



No comments:
Post a Comment