30 April 2021

April on FB

I'm taking the older three boys cabin camping for a few days during spring break - do you think it's too late to uninvite them and go by myself?? ðŸĪŠ


Conversation with my son the day after he made me do a spur-of-the-moment 15k with him
Me: How do you feel knowing that you broke your mom? I can barely walk
B: I feel fine
Me:
B: Physically, I mean I feel fine physically
Me: So emotionally you're devastated
B: Yeah, sure, sure, if that's what you need to tell yourself
ðŸĨī😆ðŸĪŠ


This is real. This makes me question pretty much everything I know about supply and demand, the definition of food, and the meaning of life.


I've decided to describe the decorating style in our living room as "early 21st century pandemic remote kindergarten chic". Too wordy?


I see it as one of my purposes on Facebook to share parenting stories that will hopefully inspire you to look at your own parenting and realize, hey, it could be worse. 😆
Today's story: It was a Disney morning at our house - I managed to start a sentence as Mary Poppins but end it as the Beast.


I live in a state where we don't get stickers for voting or getting our covid-19 vaccine.....I hope they still count!! ðŸĪŠðŸ˜†ðŸĪŠðŸ˜†


I am sure you will all be relieved to hear that no traffic cones were injured while Josh navigated the car around the outdoor clinic to get his vaccine this morning. 😉


When your kids know when and how to reference the Simpsons - priceless.


The lesson it seems I must learn every spring: it is NOT enough just to BUY sunblock, I must put it ON as well.


Michael put off mowing the backyard for a while and then "forgot" to mow under the trampoline and now there's a nest there. So no mowing for a while. Obviously he didn't plan this, but still, nicely played Michael. Nicely played. 😆


First there were three, then there were four, then there were five, then there were none.
Someone please tell me that house finches just like to move their eggs to other nests for fun. ðŸĨš



I don't particularly believe in Hell, but I'm beginning to think there's probably a prerequisite course for Heaven called "How Not To Be A Jackass" that some people have to take.


I know NASA is all excited about making oxygen on Mars (and really, nicely done!), but Jason Bourne has already grown potatoes there so they still have a ways to go. Just sayin' 😉

No comments: