Saturday was a lovely day for soccer. The season is over for Ben, but the local soccer team is still playing games. I loaded up the boys and we headed out to see the Artesian Womens team play Oly Oly (in a confusing turn of events, I believe both teams are actually from Olympia). It was a toasty 80 degrees out and the bleachers did not have any cover (actually a little unusual in this area) so it was quite warm and sunny - not typical here.
Though, to Ben, this weather still warrants a jacket and pants.
The boys have apparently completely adapted to the Pacific Northwest - despite hats, all they could do is complain about how sunny it was and how the sun hurt their eyes. And thus I was conned into buying four $2/pair sunglasses.
Gotta support the team!
The boys also spent a fair amount of time at the food truck purchasing lemonade and mini-fry breads. No complaints from them about either.
Sure there was a lot of real soccer that happened over 90 minutes (by the way - 90 minutes! Nobody told me real soccer games were 90 minutes! I've been going to Ben's 60 minute games for over 5 years!), but my favorite pics are from half time. (Do they even call it that in soccer? So much I still do not know.) They placed a huge inflated soccer ball on the field and invited the kids to come out a roll it around. Isaac had a blast.
The sun really was unrelenting and all the boys except for Ben lost interest before the game was over, so I called Jason to come rescue them and bring me some sunblock. Ben and I stayed to see the Artesians win 5-0. It is always hard to see a score like that, but that score really reflected the type of game it was. It was exciting to watch a game at that level and I think we'll try a college game next.
No comments:
Post a Comment