28 November 2024

Thanksgiving

We've done this two years in a row now so I think it's officially a tradition! Isaac and I get some pre-meal wiggles out by taking a walk around the neighborhood and picking up trash. Now that I think about it, it's actually impressive that we've had two Thanksgivings in a row when it wasn't raining. Hopefully that keeps up in the future. 

It is always interesting to see what trash we find around. Among other things, this time we found two glow sticks and a ridiculous amount of broken glass. 

Cody and Doug (well, mostly Cody) cooked the meat this year. They bought a smoker and were excited to try it out. Like a good chefs, they did a trial run and smoked a turkey a few weeks ago. I usually try new recipes for holiday meals and then a significant number of them are inedible. However, the turkey they made was delicious and the brisket they made was amazing as well. 

They also brought mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and sweet potato pie. I made a crustless spinach quiche, creamed spinach, crustless pumpkin pie, and chocolate cream pie. Needless to say, we have leftovers.

We took a break between the main meal and dessert to play a loud and long game of ImaginIff. We missed having Nana and Aunt Rachel here with us, but they'll be back for Christmas.

No comments: