After a few days of late starts, it finally happened: our first (only?) snow day of the school year. I had considered going outside to measure the snow with a ruler, but when I could still see the grass through the snow I decided it was not worth it.
Some folks in our house were very excited about the snow day. One person was disappointed and another had mixed feelings. The last person was Isaac. Because today is not just any day - it is Valentine's day and he had spent quite a bit of time and effort and tape creating his Valentine's box. Luckily, a Kiwi Co box had come recently and I had a large number of toilet paper rolls on hand.
So the day passed well enough even though there wasn't enough snow to engage in snow activities. And an email from his teacher informing us that all Valentine's activities would occur as planned on the next school day eased his worries.



No comments:
Post a Comment