Another lovely concert in Bellingham. I have considered asking the hotel folks if we can get a punch card where the 10th visit is free. Alas.
I drove up yesterday and popped in at the beach at Larrabee State Park.
It is so beautiful up there. And even though it rained most of the way up there, the precipitation stopped as I turned on Chuckanut Drive and did not rain for my entire stay (again).
After an early dinner at his new favorite restaurant (he went there twice with Jason and Ben during their last visit), I dropped him off at his house before the concert. I met his new girlfriend, Bella, outside the music building and we had a great time chatting about books and hiking as we waited for the concert to begin. This concert was as good as all the other ones we have come up for. As a bonus, it included the WWU symphony orchestra for the second half and was a powerful experience. Even though it meant that Michael had to sing in French.
This morning I took Michael out for gas (under $5 a gallon!!!!!) and breakfast. Then I found my way back to Larrabee to hike the Fragrance Lake trail before heading home.






No comments:
Post a Comment