01 August 2009

Fun in Winchester

I am a Northern Virginia snob. I admit it. Although intellectually I know there are other places in Virginia to go and do fun activities, I have a difficult time accepting that. But, when we got free passes in the mail to go to children's museum in Winchester (which is closer to us than DC is, but I have never been there), I figured I should broaden my horizons. So, we drove an hour to get there only to be a bit disappointed when we saw the museum as it seemed kind of dumpy and small.

Then we got a lesson in not putting too much into a first impression because this place was GREAT and we spent 5 hours there.

They had a simple machines area, building tables, puppets, costumes, hospital playroom, a pretend ambulance, a Native American room, a climbing wall, a craft area, a ball room and much, much more!!




In the words of the great scientific mind, Bill Nye the Science Guy, "Science Rules!!"

No comments: