15 September 2009

Michael's First Day of Preschool

The time was drawing nearer and nearer. Preschool was about to start. He may not be fully potty trained, but by golly, he was not going to be shaggy!
So, last night Daddy took the clippers to Michael's head and this is the sweet boy that emerged:
I have been looking forward to this day since Ben was born. I knew even then that my sanity might be best served by the spacing of our children: Josh would be in kindergarten this year and Michael would start preschool. Having a child's sense of time, I think that Michael's excitement has been more nebulous. But, here we are and he was pretty excited this morning!

Check out the size of that backpack!
Drop-off was a little difficult. Whereas Josh walked away with his teacher and didn't look back, my attached little boy wanted me to walk him down to the classroom. Thankfully a friend of mine offered to watch Ben (you're awesome, Kimber) as I wasn't really prepared to walk us all through the school.

Once in the classroom, he went straight for the Rescue Heroes and I slipped out quietly. So, either everything went fine or the teacher lost our new phone number. Either way, I have had a relaxing morning cuddling with Ben and reading a book. Shocking, I know.

1 comment:

Croslands said...

I'm glad that you had such a relaxing time. But come on, I really love the shag (which hardly was shag). Let it grow and be glorious.