24 May 2011

Feelin' the Love

Michael's best bud is J.  J and Michael have known each other for years.  This last year, they attended the same preschool and would take turns going home with each other.  So, we've had J over quite a bit. 

Ben loves J too.  J loves Ben too.  I am always so thankful when J is here, because J is so sweet with Ben and that niceness rubs off on Michael.  It is temporary to be sure, but I will take what I can get.

When Ben and Michael play together alone, Michael is likely to haul off and punch Ben for some trivial offense like copying what Michael is saying (or, just as likely, Michael thinking that Ben is copying him).  Granted, making Michael mad was indubitably Ben's intention, but I still think punching someone 10+ lighter than you doesn't show great problem solving skills.  In any case, in this scenario, both Ben (hurt) and Michael (mad) are in tears and I (irritated) start seriously considering the nanny option.  

Enter J.

When J is over, Ben is included in games and playing like an equal.  J told Ben that he is his "favorite baby."  J does things to make Ben laugh and is just all-around very loving.  Michael, not to be outdone, forsakes his belligerent ways and gives at least the semblance of being loving to his little brother.

I took some pictures of these three cute boys the other day that seem to demonstrate this crazy dynamic:

J and Ben sitting together very sweetly.

Michael "loving" Ben so much that it hurts.

The line between a hug and a headlock is very fine sometimes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess this is why we should choose good friends, eh? Oh my goodness, they are so cute! And growing so much!!!