09 July 2011

Water and Mud

Sometimes I get so caught up in keeping the van and the carpet clean that I don't let the boys get dirty at the park.  Okay, most of the time I get caught up in keeping the van and the carpet clean so I don't let the kids get dirty at the park.  But I do realize that they probably need to get dirty sometimes and just explore to their hearts' content in water and mud.  Today I tried a different tactic and attempted to schedule getting dirty time. Armed with a towel and crocs/flip flips, we went to the park.  At first, scheduled getting dirty time didn't seem as appealing to them as spur of the moment getting dirty time, but they warmed up to it eventually.

It was interesting to see the boys' personalities play out in the creek.

Josh, the scientist.

Michael, the explorer.

Ben, the....well, Ben, the soaking wet.  Ben just focused on experiencing the water all over his clothes as he crouched in it and then fell in it.

The boys had such a great time that I will probably just keep a towel in the car for future aquatic forays.

No comments: