We chose this race over some others because
1. It is in November
2. It is relatively close by
3. It is in November
Did I mention it is in November? I can only hope and pray that the meteorological atrocity that we call summer here in Virginia will have come to a blessedly cooler end by then.
I know, I know. But I can dare to dream, can't I?
So, if you know Jason and I even remotely well, you are probably aware that this is not the sort of physical activity that we are used to doing. You'd be right. Consequently, we have started to work-out to train for this race. Not so much to finish quickly; just to finish.
Not being race people, I looked online to find a training schedule to follow. This website has some training schedules and breaks them down by physical ability: Virgin Warrior, Casual Warrior and Rachel, I mean, Ultimate Warrior. All one has to do is ascertain what kind of warrior one is and then follow the 12 week training schedule. I am most definitely a Virgin Warrior, because I feel like this description from the website pretty much describes me:
You are the Virgin Warrior - you own a set of dumbbells, but they are currently being used as doorstops and paperweights. You’d like to be more active, but thinking about it makes you tired and your TV schedule just won’t allow it. The only thing getting you through this 3 mile obstacle course, Is the thought of a cold beer and turkey leg waiting for you at the finish line. You don’t want to win the Warrior Dash - you just want to finish.
Well, except that bit about the beer.
No comments:
Post a Comment