07 February 2013

My Baby

There are a lot of babies in my life right now.  And more are coming.  

None of them are mine.

Which, in some ways, is very, very nice because I get to hold the babies and then hand them back to mom when they get fussy/hungry.  I imagine this is what it is like to be grandma.  (As a side note, my initial plan had been to marry an older man who already had grown children and go straight to being grandma.  I did marry an older man, but the whooping 7 years weren't enough.  I don't regret that at all - well, maybe I did a little bit when Josh had colic, but I love my boys.)

However, there is something very sweet about a sleeping baby cuddling up on your shoulder.  Something I don't get a lot of anymore.  My "baby" is more interested in killing invisible zombies and quoting lines from Phineas and Ferb.  But every once in a while, if I catch him just right, I can still get my baby cuddles from my baby.

No comments: