13 July 2013

Updated


  • We reached a milestone a couple of weeks ago:  BEN CAN BUCKLE HIMSELF IN HIS CARSEAT BY HIMSELF.  This may not be the promised land, but it is pretty dang close.  It has been over nine years since I have been able to just get in the car and worry about buckling in just myself.  Wahoo!
  • Ben also, at some point when I was not paying attention (Who am I kidding?  He's our third - I am pretty much never paying attention), stopped sucking his fingers and holding his ear.  I am a bit relieved since I didn't 100% believe the pediatrician and pediatric dentist when they told me he would stop on his own eventually.  I also a bit sad because that means he is just that much less my baby.
  • I have been doing some volunteering at the hospital this summer in preparation for applying to nursing school next year.  On Wednesdays I help out at a medical camp for teenagers (which is awesome) and on some Saturdays I volunteer in the Emergency Department.  This means I have my first official set of scrubs (for Wednesdays) but I won't post pics because they are teal so I just look like a huge teal marshmallow in them.  
  • Josh started his Arabic Startalk program this week.  This year we were smart and let them send the bus to come get him.  He has the same teacher as last year, Ms. Hala, and seems to enjoy seeing his friends from last year and learning the language again.  I'll post pictures when he and Jason go on the field trip and from the program the classes put on at the end. 
  • Jason was called as the Elders Quorum president.  The day he was sustained people kept telling us "Congratulations!" but I think what they really meant was "Suckers!"  Just kidding, it isn't that bad (so far).  I think Jason will do a wonderful job.
  • Now maybe I can try to keep the blog updated.  Between babysitting, volunteering, camps, schoolwork (mine) and callings this has been a busy and not quite as relaxing a summer vacation as I had envisioned.  I must try to schedule in more naps.

No comments: