While he was away we learned some valuable lessons.
1. It is not just nice, it is actually necessary for my sanity that Jason puts the boys down to bed. My ability to keep the tattered shreds of my patience intact until 7:30pm is not good.
2. It is just as well that Jason doesn't have to travel often - see #1.
3. I think I would have to be heavily medicated to be a single parent - see #1.
4. Ben is a good snuggle bunny during the day, but at night he kicks in bed.
5. My kids (and the ones I babysit) are really good kids, but.... - see #1.
In any case, here are some of the activities we did while Jason was away:
We went to the park for some it-finally-feels-cooler-than-105-degrees-fun. And we even met up with some friends there. A cute little girl Ben's age. Which makes it especially sad that this child can be so anti-social. I think he has spent so much time during his short, little life playing with much older children that he doesn't know how to socialize very well with children his own age. We'll just add that to the list of things he can talk to his therapist about when he is older.
We also headed over to the library and hung out by the fountain in front.
And yesterday we went to the middle school for the cultural program put on by Josh's Arabic camp. Below is the table his class set up.
Josh's class performed some Arabic songs for us. Josh had been telling me that they were learning how to do a dance, so it was with undisguised relief that he said afterwards that they didn't have to dance for us after all.
Some of the classes made goodies which Michael and Ben were more than happy to try out.
Josh made this. I don't know what THIS is, but he seemed really proud of it.
And then he showed me a "bey blade". Nice. I think he might have it a little bit backwards, but it was fun to see him so excited about a top.
Shortly thereafter Jason made his appearance and I couldn't have been happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment