04 August 2013

Rocko Update

The bearded dragon currently known as Rocko is still with us.  I don't know why that should surprise me.  Maybe it has something to do with my inability to keep plants alive and the fact that the boys are so skinny it worries me (even though, yes, we DO feed them) that I assume I don't have the knack of keeping living things alive.  

Maybe he is still kicking because Jason and Josh do most of the lizard care.  Josh has taken to feeding Rocko worms by hand and even caught some crickets at a friend's house to supplement the ones we buy from the pet store.  And yes, it kills me that we are buying bugs.  

In any case, Rocko's "birthday" is June 8th so he is coming up on two months in our house.  To document the occasion, we took some pictures before his weekly bath (of which he is not fond).  The red towel did some nasty things to the pictures I took with my camera, but we did get a few close-ups and one next to a tape measure so we can track his growth.



No comments: