05 August 2013

Swimming Hole

I have this really cool friend who is always finding really cool places to go to.  So when she asked if we wanted to go on a little adventure and find a swimming hole she found on-line, I said YES!  

Which was, it turns out, the only right answer.  We filled the van up with kids, towels, life jackets, granola bars and water bottles and off we went!

This wasn't just a swimming hole, however.  It was a swimming home with a swing.  And swing we did.

 Pretty much everyone took a turn (no photographic evidence of my turns however) and Michael and L kept coming back for more and more and more and more.

Ben was a little more hesitant.

But Jason eventually got him in the water, too.


There were also rocks to explore so the kids spent a good deal of time scampering all over those.  Josh preferred them to the swing (no surprise there), so he spent most of his time exploring and even found a clam.

Family picture time!

This hasn't been the hottest of summers and today was definitely not the hottest of days, so there was also some sunning on the rocks going on when teeth started chattering.

Here are the boys and their friends.  I think I can safely say that this was an outing where everyone had a good time.  

Now if only I could remember to take the SPF 50 out of my bag every once in a while when we do these activities......

No comments: