06 October 2013

Conference Weekend

Saturday
Rocko was bathed in the bathtub (he was terrified) and measured (holy 14 inches, batman!).  Great fun.

And not at all interesting, but Jason and I wallowed in the misery of our respective head colds for most of the day.  So the boys were inside all day.  But they lucked out and spent most of the day playing on the Wii and watching cartoons.  We did not luck out because this turned them into disobedient, grumpy ogres.

Sunday
We dragged the savages to the church to watch the morning session of conference.  It was a mostly empty church which tells me that we are one of only two or three LDS families in our county who don't have cable.  We didn't let that stop us from having the boys sit through two hours of talks.  They did really well.  And then we came home to discover that Rocko had pooped and then spread it all over pretty much every surface in his cage.  Guess he enjoyed that bath more than we thought.  But we decided to put off Bath II until later.

In light of the bad side effects spending all day inside had on the boys, we decided not to make the same bad decision twice and took the boys outside for a walk between sessions of conference.  A walk to the caboose less than a mile away.  So Josh and Michael busted out their Camelbak backpacks and grabbed their walking sticks and off we went!

I have decided that one of the miracles and blessings of the modern era is the digital camera.  Between all the bad pictures I end up taking trying to get "the perfect shot" and all the pictures the boys want me to take of them, I am so thankful that I don't have to think about money slipping away every time I take a picture.  Not that all the pictures that I take of them are bad, but the chances of me getting a picture of all three of them with smiles or, at the very least, natural facial expressions is very small.

I am convinced that requires a professional.  Exhibit A:

I do much better when dealing with just one of them.
(Okay, this picture of Ben was taken earlier in the week, but while we were hanging out on the path Ben had an urgent need to use some indoor plumbing so he and Jason hightailed it back to the house before I got many pictures of him.)



3 comments:

Jon said...

looking at the picture I took of your boys...

http://photos.hackmymind.net/Rebecca-and-Jeff/The-Wedding/i-RS7z4n2/0/L/IMG_1632-L.jpg

wow... they grow up... too fast...

Jon said...

looking at the picture I took of your boys...

http://photos.hackmymind.net/Rebecca-and-Jeff/The-Wedding/i-RS7z4n2/0/L/IMG_1632-L.jpg

wow... they grow up... too fast...

Jon said...

looking at the picture I took of your boys...

http://photos.hackmymind.net/Rebecca-and-Jeff/The-Wedding/i-RS7z4n2/0/L/IMG_1632-L.jpg

wow... they grow up... too fast...