18 October 2014

Cox Farms

Cox Farms Fall Festival is one of those traditions that has been much more difficult to keep going now that the boys are in school.  So, we haven't been a couple of years.  I have been very tempted to take the boys out of school to go, but after playing hooky at Shenandoah National Park earlier this Fall, I felt like that might not be a good idea.  And Jason, who doesn't believe in playing hooky ever, agreed.  

Luckily, they now have a great afternoon deal and yesterday we had great weather.  Plus, this qualifies as one of those "before the baby comes" activities.  So, as soon as Jason got home, we loaded into the van and braved Friday afternoon traffic.  

Totally worth it.

As always, the boys enjoyed the slides.

Well, Ben wasn't quite sure about the final drop on the Dino Slide.

We were lucky enough to see a bunch of friends while there.  We got to meet Ben's friend Will.  We figure Will must be pretty important because for the last few weeks Ben has been rather proud of the fact that he can spell "W-I-L-L".  The boys were super cute together and went down the Barn Slide together.

We also saw Peter and his family.  Peter joined us for most of our time and the boys had a dance party in front of the stage.

Then I was lucky enough to catch some excellent dismounts on the rope swing.



And finally, after playing in the hay mountain, it was time to get kicked out of the park.  We took some pictures by the largest pumpkin at the farm (this is the zombie shot), picked out our baby pumpkins and then headed home.

And then we sat in traffic for the next 2 days getting home.  Just kidding.  Well, Friday afternoon traffic in the DC area really isn't anything to kid about.  I would love to tell you that the boys wore themselves out and slept in the car on the ride home.  However, the sad reality is they were still going full speed crazy when we got home.  By the time we got them showered, fed and in bed, Jason and I were ready to go to bed well before 9pm.  

No comments: