09 October 2014
Picture Day
Whatever happens today, I just want the world to know that when I sent the boys to school today for picture day, they had brushed hair and ironed shirts (although considering what damage they managed to do between my bedroom and the front porch, I should have used starch).
I am pretty sure that they will look nothing like this by the time they sit down in front of the photographer.
It took a morning of nagging and an enormous amount of gel in Michael's faux-hawk to reach this point. And they are all wearing t-shirts under these shirts so they can shed them as soon as the flash goes off. Normally we don't bother worrying about picture day because they have something like 20 of them a year (slight exaggeration) and I refuse to pay the obscene prices they charge for what are usually mediocre pictures. However, I told Josh that we would get him a yearbook when he is in 5th grade (this year) so he would have pictures of (most of) his teachers and the year he would know the most number of kids. So, showers/baths and button-up shirts it is. I just warned Michael not to move too quickly and hopefully all these pictures will turn out well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment