02 March 2015

The (Not So) Dream Team

This is what is on the counter in the bathroom on the main floor these days - also known as "the sick bathroom."

And why do we need a "sick bathroom" you may ask.  Well, when you are a family of 6 and one of you has the stomach bug, the sick person gets his (and yes, I can say "his" in this house and be safe that I am using the correct pronoun) own bathroom.  And Jason and I screech like banshees at the luckless child who accidentally enters the sick bathroom without actually having vomited in the previous 24 hours.

Ugh.  There are many illnesses I am happy to host.  Well, not happy but at least am not bothered by.  Runny noses, coughs, even fevers.  Even an old school case of chicken pox.  But the stomach bug is my arch nemesis.  The poor child who is afflicted gets placed on a chair in the living room that is covered with a sheet and then given a bowl as his closest companion for the day.  And then I don the gloves and start spraying with bleach and wiping with paper towels anything he may have touched and the bowl.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. And repeat. And repeat.

And hope/pray for the best.

Sometimes that works.  Sometimes not.  This time not.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.  And repeat. And repeat.

No comments: