01 June 2015

Isaac's Blessing

Last Saturday was Isaac's blessing.  We obviously weren't in a rush since he is over 5 months old.  However, since we are moving soon, it seemed like a good idea to get it done if we wanted our VA family to participate.  We've been so blessed to live near so much family and we've been so blessed to have Grandpa here.  But Grandpa is almost 94, so we decided to do the blessing at Dad and Diane's house rather than in our church, which is more traditional.

In any case, the day actually started with a trip to the temple with Mom.  And because I love her (and she made me promise), I am not going to post any of the pictures I took of her there.

It was a beautiful, if hot, day.

Then we went to Dad and Diane's for a family meal - chili because I have my seasons and my foods all mixed up - and family fun.  The blessing was scheduled for 5pm, so at about 4:45pm we started the excruciating process of getting the boys into church clothes on a day that is not Sunday.

Not pretty.  I mean, they do clean up real nice, but getting them there.....

But the blessing went well.  Aunt Marilyn managed to get Isaac to pass out drunk on formula fall asleep right before so he didn't make a peep.  Below are all the priesthood holders who participated (and the chairs I couldn't crop out of the picture): Jason, Dad, Grandpa, Uncle Mark, Bishopric Member, Aaron W and Aaron L.

Then I just had to get a 4 generation picture.

And then a picture with the ladies: Audrey, Me, Mom, Megan, Diane and Aunt Marilyn.

Then we went outside to get a family picture before the boys shed their church clothes,

I know, I know.  There have been a shocking number of pictures of me on the blog lately.  Never fear.  That will end soon.

And finally, because I wouldn't want anyone to think that we are an overly pious family, I have to include this lovely picture Jason took of the boys armed and crazy.

No comments: