05 May 2016

Catch and Release

Catching up - last Wednesday Jason an the older boys went to a ward fishing activity.  Isaac and I were still recovering from NWR, so we stayed at home napping and watching TV, respectively.  The older boys had scored free fishing rods at Cabela's a couple of weeks ago and were dying to use them.  Aunt Rachel lent us her rod and tackle box, so away they went to catch some fish.

Catch and release some fish.  None of us know how to prepare fresh fish and I am not willing to learn.  So until the day that the boys figure that out, our fish will be coming in either filet form from behind a counter or in stick form from the freezers at the grocery store.

Back to Wednesday, Josh was the first to catch a fish and he was pretty excited.

Michael caught one next, although I think he may have caught some seaweed or a branch first.

Again, so excited!

 Last, but not least, came Ben.  He was unsure that he was going to be able to catch anything as this was his first time.

But he did!  And it was HUGE.  Or, maybe Daddy was trying to do tricky stuff with the camera...

 And I have no idea who the girl in the picture is, but I think she is in his Primary class and Jason said they actually talked and played together at the nearby playground.  Probably a first for our shy little man who generally avoids girls.

They came home full of hot dogs instead of fish (fine by me) and lots of stories to share.

No comments: