08 September 2016

Monkey On His Back

A couple of weeks ago, I made a very special purchase.  A cute purchase with a very specific purpose: to keep Isaac alive.  Apparently survival of the fittest DOES NOT apply to toddlers.  I spend a significant amount of time keeping this kid from permanently damaging himself when we are out and about.  After an incredibly close call with a railing and a lake, we decided to buy him a leash.  A cute leash, but a leash nonetheless.  Amazon has a wide range of animal choices, but we decided to put a monkey on his back.  

When it first arrived, he carried it around and gave it lots of loves.  Then we spent a day or two just wearing it as a backpack.  He stopped hugging it, but he did tolerate it.  Then I added the leash.  He is decidedly less enthusiastic about his stuffed friend, but it does help keep him safe.


No comments: