These pictures are a few weeks old, but I thought they were still worth blogging because of how our first trip went to Rainier. The one when we couldn't really tell that we were anywhere near the mountain.
On the first Friday of the school year, Isaac and I joined my friend and her kids for a trek on a gorgeous day. Rainier did not disappoint.
The parking situation, on the other hand, was atrocious (thank you NPS for closing half the parking lots at the most popular area during tourist season). After a bit of driving, we found a spot and then discovered a strange phenomenon: international tourists taking pictures of people's license plates. When I asked one of them about it, he said that other people had asked him and seemed surprised that people were asking. Apparently, that didn't tip him off that maybe they should stop.
Anyway.
My friend and I chose to do the same hikes that Jason, Rachel, the kids and I did in July. But this time, the views were much, much better.
You know who isn't very much into stunning views? Isaac. We cycled through walking, riding in the carrier, riding on my shoulders, throwing fits, and stopping to examine the flowers.
It was a beautiful and exhausting day.
Photo credit to my friend who shall not be named on a public blog



No comments:
Post a Comment