I would be remiss if I posted about Josh's soccer season and not Ben's, so here we go!
Ben has moved up to the U8 level in league soccer. That means two things: each team now has a goalie and each team gets individualized jerseys. In the case of Ben's team, they also changed their name. Instead of the Yellow Jackets, they are now the Beast Mode Blue Jays. Ben's contribution to the name is Blue Jays, from which they get their jersey color. I honestly had no idea where Beast Mode came from and actually assumed that it had something to do with Pokemon. It actually is a nickname (or something like that) of a Seahawks' player.
These people are serious about the Seahawks.
So it is a mouthful, but definitely unique.
Unlike the summer, the team in not undefeated. I was pleased to hear they'd lost (I wasn't at the game that day), because I think kids need to learn how to lose. Jason said the kids all seemed fine and Ben didn't seem at all bothered when I asked him about it later. Then they went on to cream the next team 20-3. It is probably unrelated, but I found it a little amusing. The head of the league did not. Our coach tried to have the kids pass to every player on our team before scoring, but at some point there needs to be some sort of mercy rule and the league doesn't have one. I suspect that will change soon.
In the meantime, Ben continues to have a great time and improve a ton.
A thing about soccer in the Pacific Northwest:
They play in the sun and...
...they play in the rain.
Here is our happy, soaked soccer player:
It is so fun to watch him grow and learn these new skills. In the meantime, I should probably learn the rules of soccer so I can shout advice at the team (just kidding). Seriously, just kidding. We'll just go and support our team.



No comments:
Post a Comment