30 April 2017

Procession of the Species

Saturday afternoon brought us Procession of the Species fun.  We got downtown two hours early and still struggled to find a parking spot!  Navigating horrendous parking situations is usually Jason's job so I was really missing him at that point.  Finally, seven blocks away, we found parking and hightailed it down to the procession route to claim a spot on the side of the road.  Once we set up the chairs, we chilled for a little bit waiting for our friends to come.  

After they arrived, the dad was kind enough to watch all our gear so my friend and I could take the boys out and about.  First, we hit up the instrument petting zoo.  We're hoping to have Michael play the clarinet next year, so I thought he might like a chance to make some noise on one.  I am no expert, but I think he did pretty well for a beginner.  Of course, me trying to explain embouchure was like the blind leading the blind.

The boys were also interested in the strings.


And then a very nice lady tried to coach Ben into getting some noise out of the flute.  Harder than it looks!

Then he also gave the clarinet a go.

Next, and right outside, was a magician who blew Michael's mind.

It was getting close to time, so we went back to make sure our seats were secure.  It is a bit of a hassle, but definitely worth getting to sit to watch and not have anyone blocking our view.  Like last year, I took a TON of pictures, but I figured I would stick to posting the new stuff rather than fill the blog up with the same pictures year after year.





I love the culture of our new home.  And my friend and I are now making plans to have our families participate next year (we'll see if that happens).

No comments: