I have four children and three of them are involved in activities that I just barely understand. Don't get me wrong, I definitely appreciate what they do and enjoy seeing them participate in activities they love.
BUT, I still can't seem to remember what off sides means (though people seem to get pretty worked up about it at times), I learn about new instruments at every concert I attend (who knew there was such a thing as a piccolo trumpet?), and the scoring system at robotics competitions continues to elude me (the other team stacked more blocks, but they still lost the round?).
So sometimes I just show up with two big bags of potato chips for the robotics team and just smile and nod when Josh tells me what is going on.
And sometimes I dream that Josh will build robots that drive on Mars. No, The Martian isn't one of my favorite movies, why do you ask? (Kidding - it totally is.)
No comments:
Post a Comment