01 May 2020

April on Facebook

While I am incredibly grateful for the size home we live in now, for the past 6 weeks the house seems to be getting smaller every week. 😆 Anyone else experiencing the same phenomenon?

There's something both frustrating and reassuring about the fact that no matter how much I weed, there will be more to pull tomorrow.

Michael: Dad, I feel like in the future doctors will find out that vegetables are as bad as smoking. Farmers are just paying doctors to say vegetables are healthy.

In case you're wondering how we're doing: the trampoline is covered in pollen and 5 out of the 6 of us are on claritin.
Only 3 of us have seasonal allergies.

Sometimes a superhero is a mysterious recluse who drives a batmobile to save Gotham City. And sometimes a superhero is your Aunt Rachel who drives a small blue car to rescue you when you get heat exhaustion 5 miles from home on a bike ride.

September 14th. Promises were made. Isaac IS going to elementary school. September 14th

God bless the teachers, staff, and administrators in our school district. They all kept posting and emailing that they missed their students, but I guarantee they didn't miss my kids as much as I missed all school employees for the last 4 weeks.

We have now spent how-you-chew-your-food-really-irritates-me days together.

If your children have spent the last 3.5 weeks growing closer and creating beautiful memories to last them a lifetime, I salute you.
If you've spent the last 3.5 weeks wondering how the Lord of the Flies/survival of the fittest scenario your children play out daily is going to end, I see you.

Musician arguments (trying to tune Ben's cello):
Ben: Your (electronic) piano is flat, Michael!
Michael: You don't know what notes you're playing, Ben!!
Ben: Can you hand me my rosin?
Michael: Stop making up words!

Ben: I just thought 5 year olds would be more logical. 🤔

For some, sewing is therapeutic and a creative outlet.
For me, it's more of a post-apocalyptic battle of woman versus machine and the machine usually wins.

Trying to plan for alternatives to hand shaking for the long term. Some options:
A) Vulcan salute
B) Buddhist Anjali Mudra
C) Japanese Ojigi
Any one have another idea?

Anyone else think there's going to be an America's Funniest Home Videos: Covid19 Zoom Meetings edition? 😆

Me: We need to be careful because COVID19 can be especially dangerous for people over 60 years old.
Boys: Good thing Nana is only 29!

No comments: