Monday
I worked really hard to ruin Isaac's alphabet skills by busting out a set that was missing F. He thought that was so funny that he now sings the alphabet song without the letter F. #kindergartenready
In happier news our little garden plants are doing great. According to the little chart on the seed packets we should already be harvesting the zucchini, but I am just excited to see happy green plants.
The lovely weather was beckoning so we went for a family walk (or forced march depending on your perspective) in the evening.
Tuesday
On Tuesday I got an email inviting us to Rachel's house to celebrate Doug passing one of his cybersecurity exams. (Oops, was I not supposed to say that?) Also, it was a surprise going away party. As in, we were surprised when we found out he was heading back to VA. We knew this day would come, we just didn't know it would be so soon. So I asked, or rather bullied, everyone into letting me get some pictures. They aren't the greatest pictures, but they are some of the greatest people (including the guy behind the camera).
Psst. Shhhh. Don't tell my mom this picture is here. She'll be mad.
Thursday
I vacated the premises for the morning and brought the three younger boys to the garden because this was the morning of the big AP World History test for Josh. With many states under Stay-At-Home and social distancing restrictions, the College Board made some pretty drastic changes to the AP exams. Apparently they weren't completely unprepared as they have administered these tests in parts of the US after big natural disasters before. It sounds like the roll-out was a little bumpy, but the planning and good communication really helped. The upshot was that Josh took his test at home on his computer and was allowed to use sources such as his notes, books, and the internet. Also, the test was only 45 minutes long. I felt a little cheated. I told him that we paid $100 for an excruciating, intense three-hour test, so I wanted 2/3 of my money back if the test was going to be that short.
He didn't think I was very funny.
This is also the day that I went rogue.
Yeah, I am crazier than I look.
After 5 torturous weeks of nagging Ben (yeah, unexpected since he isn't at all a trouble kid at school), I decided we are going to do our own thing moving forward. We'll continue with the usual school subjects, but the online format was not working well.
Saturday
Another Saturday, another walk. Rachel is trying to convert her friend to our walking group. And since she came also wearing Hot Chocolate Race gear, I think it is safe to say that she is one of us. Well, one of us from 6 feet away. As a side note, Ben is interested in doing the Hot Chocolate Race again, but he is waiting to see next year's jacket before he wants to commit.






No comments:
Post a Comment