04 July 2020

Summer Week 2 (Sequalitchew, Staircase)

Sunday
Inspired by some old pictures of Michael and Ben sitting on Rachel and Mom's shoulders (respectively) dueling, Rachel and Josh did a recreation.

Michael wanted in on the action, but he may be just a leetle big bigger than he was before.

After that things got a little out of control.

A formidable team!

It got pretty intense.

We all learned some great lessons about gravity.

Monday
Sequalitchew revisited again. This time Ben, Isaac and I invited our friends so we could all explore the other trail Ben found a few weeks earlier.

It started with switchbacks. Awesome.

At the top we found the location of an old observatory and the new trail.

It was our first hike with masks. That was educational. Not particularly fun, but doable.

Eventually we came across another trail that went down to the beach. And I do mean DOWN. Isaac and I stayed at the top after I cam to the sobering realization that I would have to get Isaac back UP after he struggled to go down the first section. It turns out that I chose wisely...further on there was a section that was so steep it required a rope to climb. My friend took Ben and her kids down while I waited up top. 


It's always fun to find new places to explore.

Tuesday
We drove up to Staircase for the day with some friends. It's been a couple of years since we've done this hike and I read online that the dirt road up to the park was in good shape. Also, I figured Isaac could handle it without needing help. Luckily, that turned out to be true and he did great as long as he didn't realize he was tired.








Our intrepid crew.


Isaac insisted on putting his feet in the water and found it to be freezing, though he didn't let that stop him.

Wednesday
This day shall go down in history as the day that Josh found out that his braces are coming off. It's been a long two years and he was determined to get them off early and.....they are coming off right on time.

Friday
Another great day - the day we finally got the garage reorganized after we had to move everything for the emergency bathroom/garage reno. It's been a while and it's been increasingly difficult to walk through so it was time.

No comments: