30 October 2022

Team Dynamite


 I did an accidental bait and switch on Ben this season. When it became clear that his told team was disbanding, I was at a loss. He had a marvelous coach AND Ben does not do change well. When the coach's wife told me about the team that her son (Ben's friend) was on this summer and that there was a possibility that Ben's old coach might be the assistant coach, I was excited. I sold Ben on that possibility.

That is not what happened, BUT Ben still had a great season with a great bunch of kids. He was finally playing closer to his age after playing up 2 years for a while, so I think it was a confidence boost to see his skills matched against kids more his size. As an added bonus for his parents, this fall was fairly dry so he didn't finish many of the games looking like he'd gone for a swim. His team finished first in their division so a success all around! I don't know how many more seasons of rec soccer he has in front of him, but we're grateful this was another great one.

No comments: