14 March 2023

Pi(e) Day

I may not have been very prepared for many holidays this year, but this is one holiday that we cannot let this one pass us by. I will admit that Marie Callender did help out with the apple crumble pie (as she so graciously does most years). This does happen to be the only holiday of the year when I don't have enough round dishes for the day, so we did end up with one square pie. But everything turned out to be delicious. AND there was at least one pie for everyone. 
 
Michael turned out not to be a fan of the Oreo cream pie (more on that later), but liked the chocolate cream pie and the apple pie.

Isaac normally doesn't like crusts, so the pumpkin was crustless. He liked it, but the big surprise of the evening was the two slices of Oreo cream pie (more on that later) that he devoured.

Ben managed to eat all of his pie before I could point a camera at him. 

The Oreo cream pie was a new recipe - and it was DAIRY FREE. I try to make things so Josh won't feel left out, but he also tends not to like the textures of many dessert foods so we typically just get him Oreos. I figured I would try an Oreo pie to combine our theme with what he does eat and it had mixed reviews. Michael was not a fan, Isaac loved it, and Josh said it was good enough he'd eat it if I made it again. I guess that's a win? Win-ish? 

In any case, everyone ate some round food to celebrate our favorite shaped-based holiday.


No comments: