Someday we may get to the point where we can open presents Christmas morning after the sun comes up, but this was not that year. Since we were doing this early in the morning, I must give a hat's off to our extended WA family who all would most likely still have been sleeping at 7am on a holiday but who were at our house right on time!
I took this picture while the kids were squirming on the stairs and it was so lovely to have so many people here this morning that there was barely enough room for all of the stockings.
Did I say the kids were squirming? That may have been an exaggeration. One of the kids was squirming. The other three were struggling to be awake and coherent. Eight million pictures later and it was go time.
I put my phone away while we opened presents....and then for the rest of the day. But all the boys got at least one gift they loved (usually from their list) and one awkward gift. After all the boxes and wrapping paper were properly sorted in the trash and recycling, I took a long winter's nap before we went to Rachel and Nana's for Christmas linner. At which point we all ate too much delicious food, played JackBox, and then gathered for a group selfie with Nana's tree.
A great time together!



No comments:
Post a Comment